The Road We Are Traveling
In 1942, Stuart Chase, in his book "The Road We Are Traveling" spelled out the system of planning the Fabian Socialists had in mind.
Notes +++If you have downloaded this book before 4/23/2013, it was incomplete. It has been updated to include the previously missing pages.+++
This book is extremely rare. The first upload was missing a few pages and it took a long time to track the book down a second time to amend it.
1. Strong, centralized government.
2. Powerful Executive at the expense of Congress and the Judicial.
3. Government controlled banking, credit and securities exchange.
4. Government control over employment.
5. Unemployment insurance, old age pensions.
6. Universal medical care, food and housing programs.
7. Access to unlimited government borrowing.
8. A government managed monetary system.
9. Government control over all foreign trade.
10. Government control over natural energy sources, transportation and agricultural production.
11. Government regulation of labor.
12. Youth camps devoted to health discipline, community service, and ideological teaching consistent with those of the authorities.
13. Heavy progressive taxation and hidden taxes on nations wealth.
The Fabian Socialist Revolution began in earnest in 1933 with the imposition of the Welfare State and has been steadily progressing since.
March 28, 2013
It is very odd that an early edition has pages 9-16 missing. Could you please post an edition with the missing pages?
December 5, 2010
Missing pages 9 -15
Seems to be missing pages 9-15.
Pages right after Chapter 1 Pattern of Change 1914-1942 through to page 16.